Presented to a student for outstanding contribution to an organization as an intern in a college supervised internship program or course.
Eligible students must be registered for the internship with the Office of Career Services and with the appropriate NYIT course or program in the semester in which the student is nominated.
Promotion and Selection Process
At the end of each academic semester during the internship evaluation process, internship supervisors are notified about this award. Up to one student per NYIT campus (OW and MA) will be selected for this award from a volunteer committee comprised of students, university members and participating community partners.
Criteria for Selection
• Student’s quality and quantity of work, and achievements on the job
• Student’s initiative and/or original work
• Student’s overall impact and contributions to the employer
Each award recipient will receive:
• A profile of the student and his/her supervisor on NYIT’s website
• Candidacy for the Experiential Education Award at the Annual Student Affairs Awards reception in the spring
• NYIT business cards made in your name to use when networking
• One year student membership to a professional association in your field
• Invitation to at least 2 networking events with the Career Services staff